- 1 Hadoop Career – Objective
- 2 Hadoop Deployment – Hadoop Jobs Trends
- 3 Hadoop Career – Prerequisites to Learn Hadoop
- 4 Hadoop Career – Right Audience
- 5 Big Data Hadoop Job Titles
- 6 Hadoop Career Growth
- 7 Hadoop Career – Annual Salary in Hadoop
- 8 Reasons to Switch Career to Hadoop
- 9 8 Hadoop Companies That You Must Know
- 10 Conclusion of Hadoop Career
Hadoop Career – Objective
Today, in this Hadoop tutorial, we will discuss Hadoop Career Opportunities. Also, we will discuss Big data Hadoop Jobs, Hadoop Career Growth, and Hadoop Deployment. Moreover, we will discuss reasons to learn Hadoop and top companies that are using Hadoop Technology. At last, we will see the job titles and annual average salary of Hadoop Professionals.
There has been a huge increase in Big Data startups, in the past few years. That says, more and more companies are slowly implementing and moving towards Big Data and all are trying to deal with Big Data and helping organizations to understand Big Data. But to understand and evaluate that Big Data, one of the innovator technologies is in major use that is Hadoop. So, we can say the Hadoop era begins.
So, let us start learning Hadoop Career Opportunities.
Hadoop Deployment – Hadoop Jobs Trends
To make sense of all the Big Data that is being created regularly, Hadoop is being extensively used by both small and large companies. Well, we can say, 90% of all data that we have today was created alone in the last two years. Hence, all the organizations now know the advantages of using Big Data analytics. Using Big Data, companies enhanced their decision-making capabilities, as well as it also helped them in getting better business insights.
Although, coming to the point, all organizations are implementing Hadoop to evaluate Big Data nowadays. Therefore, its demand is rising rapidly. So, make sure that the candidates who want to pursue their career in this field, for them it is the perfect time to start learning Hadoop and Spark. Here are some new facts you must know about Hadoop:
• By 2022, its market is expected to reach $99.31B at a CAGR of 42.1% -Forbes.
• Due to the prediction of McKinsey, there will be a shortage of 1.5M data experts, by 2018.
• According to Indeed.com’s salary data, the average salary of Big Data Hadoop Developers is $135k.
Hence, either as a fresher or experienced, it will be a good start for sure. Besides, Big Data is increasing at an accelerating rate and the opportunity is growing at a simultaneous rate, and this is an ever-growing field that will always be in demand. Hence, moving to the Big Data domain can be one of the best career moves for tech professionals.
Hadoop Career – Prerequisites to Learn Hadoop
Well, there are no prerequisites for learning Hadoop. However, before learning Hadoop, it will be advantageous to have prior exposure to Core Java, any of the Linux operating system flavors, as well as database concepts. Well, there are a few points you can keep in mind for better learning:
• If you want to learn that how to write a MapReduce program in different programming languages and execute parallel processing over HDFS (Hadoop storage), then programming background and little knowledge of Java, Scala or Python will be helpful.
• Also, you will get a head start in learning Hadoop ecosystem tools like Pig, Hive, etc, along with knowledge of SQL.
• And, you will feel comfortable in working with HBase with working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
Hadoop Career – Right Audience
Though, for all the IT Professionals, the market for Big Data analytics is a great opportunity. But particularly, some of the IT Professional groups can have many advantages of moving into Big data domain, such as:
• Developers and Architects.
• BI /ETL/DW professionals.
• Senior IT Professionals.
• Testing professionals.
• Mainframe professionals.
Big Data Hadoop Job Titles
It is possible to accept any of the Big Data & Hadoop job profiles based on your former profile as well as interest.
Hence, some popular Big data job titles are:
• Hadoop / Big Data Developer.
• Hadoop Administrator.
• Data Engineer.
• Big Data Architect.
• Machine Learning Engineer.
• Software Development Engineer.
• Big data Engineer.
• Big Data Consultant.
Hadoop Career Growth
As we studied earlier that Hadoop deployment is rising with each passing day. Thus, learning the Hadoop can immensely add growth to your Big Data Career.
Now, from a global or sort-of global standpoint, let us see the job trend for Hadoop. However, the census only belongs to the U.K. Still it gives us a very good idea of how Hadoop is doing.
Hadoop Career – Annual Salary in Hadoop
As per itjobswatch.co.uk, the average annual salary is £66,250-£66,750, in the United Kingdom. According to Indeed.com, for Hadoop developer, the average annual salary for Hadoop jobs ranges between $92,512 to $102,679. However, according to Payscale.com, the average Hadoop salary ranges from Rs. 4,05,880 to Rs. 5,825,000 in India, based on your experience.
But, by some giants, the Hadoop Developers hourly salary in the United Kingdom, are:
• £61 – £67 hourly: Explore Group
• £48 – £52 hourly: BBC
• £49 – £53 hourly: Eames Consulting Group
Appropriately, again, from a global or sort-of global standpoint, the above image shows the salary trend for Hadoop. However, the census only belongs to the U.K. still it gives us a very good idea of how Hadoop is doing.
Reasons to Switch Career to Hadoop
• Hadoop is a usual career progression for Java developers.
• The industry is looking for Hadoop professionals.
• Bigger Pay Packages for Hadoop professionals.
• Opportunities to move into other lucrative fields.
8 Hadoop Companies That You Must Know
- Amazon Web Services
- MapR Technologies
- Pivotal Software
So, this was all in Hadoop Career. I hope you like our explanation of Hadoop Jobs and Salary.
Conclusion of Hadoop Career
To grow in their careers, professionals need to keep pace with the changing times, because technology keeps on changing and gets upgraded. So, it will be the best career decision to switch to Big Data Hadoop, it will make to excel in your career in present times, for sure.
Hence, we discussed Hadoop Career Opportunities. Also, we saw Big Data Hadoop job trends, their titles, and average salary. Moreover, we discussed the future scope in Hadoop Career