C Features and Limitations: In this article, you will be getting a clear idea regarding the features and limitations of C.
- Programs which are written in C language are easy and fast.
- C is a collection of library functions, even if the user wants to create functions they can create and add it to the library.
Features of C programming Language
- C is easily extensible.
- It is a robust language with a rich set of built-in functions and operators. C is highly portable, programs once written in C can be run on other machines with some minor changes.
- It is a robust language with a rich set of built-in functions and operators that can be used to write any complex program.
Limitations of C Language
- C compilers only identify errors and are incapable of handling exceptions.
- It doesn’t provide protection. It also doesn’t feature re-usability of source code extensively.
- The process of debugging is difficult. And doesn’t provide strict data type checking. (i.e. integer data type can be passed for floating datatype)
- It uses ASCII character set which is only able to support 256 characters because it uses 1-byte to represent a character.
- It is unable to support some languages like Chinese, Japanese that have more than 256 characters.
Advantages and Disadvantages of C Programming Language
Features are somewhat similar to advantages. SO, we are providing in detail regarding the features and limitations of C as follows:
Advantages of C Language
- It was the building block for many other languages.
- Programs written in C are highly portable
- C programs are collections of library functions and it’s also easy to add own functions to the C library.
- The modular structure makes the code debugging, maintenance and testing easier.
- There are several standard built-in functions present to develop programs
Disadvantages of C Language
- C doesn’t provide the OOPs concept.
- It doesn’t provide binding or wrapping up of data as a single unit.
- C doesn’t provide constructor and Destructor.
- There are no concepts of Namespaces in C.